Old August 12th 19, 10:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Anssi Saari

Default Hair-trigger keyboards?

Peter Jason writes:

Hi, where can I find keyboards with heavy keys that do not go off with
the slightest touch? I make too many mistakes by just brushing over
the keys by mistake. Is there a special keyword for searching for
these heavier keys? I'm used to the old typewriter keys.

Unicomp still makes old IBM Model M keyboards although updated with USB
connection.

Also, mechanical keys have made something of a comeback this
decade. Gamers and pro writers and I assume all kinds of people like
mechanical keyboards and there's a bunch of manufacturers, even some of
the bigger makers have mechanical keyboards now. There's lots of
variation for activation weight and click or no-click type of
keys.