Old September 3rd 04, 09:56 AM
Lenny

I am in need of a BCB 3.0 compatible Console 32 application that
programs the SB Live 5.1 PCI 32-bit sound card FM-Synthesizer to play
a tone at a given duration.

Sorry, but the Live (and Audigy) cards do not have that crappy old Yamaha
OPL3 FM synth. They're based on a digital programmable DSP, not a bunch of
fixed-function oscillators. Under win9x, Creative supplies their own
emulator for Live cards, but it's no longer available in XP (to my knowledge
at least).

There is a software emulator though that simulates a soundblaster 16 (and/or
possibly other creative stoneage hardware) on any directsound-compatible
soundcard, you might want to try that one. No, sorry, I can't remember its
name, so you'll have to google for it or maybe someone else here
remembers...