Old June 17th 08, 01:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

Default legend 402

On Jun 16, 7:32*pm, "AWM" wrote:
Does anyone know how this model was originally *loaded (disks or cd)?
It has a create system disks option in the system tools menu which I do not
see on my other versions(I think).
mc"AWM" wrote in message

I picked up a legend 402cdw that still has the original HD (500MB) working.
It is an 75MGHz. Is this the actual speed or is it more like 66. Does
anyone know of any tricks to remove nicotine stains? This one obviously had
an ash tray on one side of the computer.If anyone has any spare 32 MB edo's
I could use 4.
thanks
mc- Hide quoted text -

I use alcohol(isopropyl 90%) to clean boards that I buy that have
residue.
Ethyl alcohol (denatured) also works ok
I label them refurbished.
I use mild bleach to clean the outside of units to clean the stains
from smoking that resides
on the plastic case.
Ammonia also works but is known to etch plastics

Painted metal should also follow the above rule