Old December 20th 20, 10:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Charlie Hoffpauir

Default What hardware to best speed up processing large Word file?

My genealogy program will create a very large file for Word that I
have been saving as a PDF for distribution at the family reunion each
year. The file is currently over 3000 pages. If I try to do any
editing in Word, it takes forever. Is there any way to change hardware
or add something to make this work reasonalby fast? I currently have
Word in my C Drive which is a Samsung 500 GB SSD. I plan on replacing
it with a Samsung 1 TB nvme. The genealogy program runs on the C drive
also, but the data is on a HDD. When I add the nvme, should I put the
data on the nvme, or would it be better to put it on the repurposed
500 GB SSD, or does it make any difference?
TIA for any suggestions.