Old March 27th 07, 11:23 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ben Myers

Default TSSTCorp drives in a Presario S4200nx

FWIW, TSST stands for Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology, a joint venture
between two monster electronics companies. Not much of a web site though. A
lot like Toshiba, who manufacture lots of 2.5" notebook drives, provide zippo
support for the drives, and no downloadable diagnostics. Unless there is some
drastic change, I would not count on TSST for anything. Firmware upgrades for
CD-RW and DVD-ROM drives are fairly rare... Ben Myers

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:05:56 -0400, "L" wrote:

I just replaced the CD-R/RW & DVDRom drives in a Presario S4200Nx. I ordered
the drives from Hp parts store,& I cannot find any info on the drives,if I
ever need a firmware update.

The drives a
CD-R/RW- Tsst Corp # TS- H292C
DVD- Rom- Tsst Corp #TS-H352C