Old May 4th 09, 03:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,comp.sys.laptops,uk.comp.sys.laptops
Larry[_10_]

Default UPDATE Acer Aspire 5630 Laptop screen/display problem

"Pete Zahut" dont@bother wrote in
:

One particular friend believes I'm in league with Satan and should be
burned at the stake as he sits there, 200 miles away, watching me move
his cursor and doing what needs to be done )

I run my boxes remotely from my little N800 Linux tablet using rdesktop to
WinXP's Remote Desktop quite a bit. The Winbox is always online, so why
not let it do all the heavy lifting and storage then access just one email
client, for example, instead of all this multiple email clients and the
troubles associated with "syncing" the remote computer to the main
computers. Because the tablet's rdesktop requires a separate keyboard, or
use the crappy virtual keyboard on the WinXP box over the net, I use a
rollup rubber keyboard stored in the car if I need it to type something.

Works great for me. No syncing, less wasted space on the remote box....you
just can hear the audio and the link's not near fast enough for any videos.

"Let me check that email from 1998 on my main computer.", I say popping up
the main email on the little tablet way off somewhere. They always look so
astonished I have such remote access. They really need to learn how to USE
Windows or Linux past the basic web browser and desktop....

--
-----
Larry