Old February 3rd 19, 01:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Anti-virus for XP?

On Sat, 02 Feb 2019 16:30:54 -0500, John B. Smith
wrote:

I got disenchanted with Kaspersky sticking his stick into my spokes
and thought I'd try the 400MB AVG download. When run get

"not a valid Win 32 Application"

-
That's usually one of the three XP variants (SP1-3), the last being
the DOTNET and some significance to a shift towards I'd assume W7.

Such proprietary software cases, I've personally encountered with
hardware computer extensions -- namely music gear of possible dollar
value for signal-chaining instruments, recording purposes and such --
I might have take it to the latest Microsoft OS installs.

Fresh. No kidding monkey-business. When a 3rd-party hardware
manufacturer places its latest chip-driven soundFx wonders, the
developmental team responsible is competing with a handful of similar
marketing strategies.

Equality. Which they're not, other than presumably not waiving your
right to consumer protection laws for products, after testing and
evaluating, on your time, to a reasonable expectation and claim of
unmarketable sustainability, for "your money back".

Time's up. Once up and running on the OS platform, clock begins
ticking down on whether that product is all of what they said you
could possibly think it would be. (Unless its a movie that caused
your brain to become sick, and you can't get your money back. Or
software, depending, in some cases on how contractual agreements are
initially presented for your perusal.)

-
Disclaimer: I've never run AV software;- nopers, would touch it with a
bargepole, even if you gave me one free.