Old September 20th 15, 06:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ed Light

Default No automatic fan spinups on my very old ATI Radeon 4870 videocard in Windows XP Pro SP3?

On 9/19/2015 4:33 PM, Ant wrote:

OK, I reproduced the same issue with old Crysis 1 by idling during my
late lunch. It looks like I need to clear my out dusty computers too. :/

How hot does it get?

Yes, if you haven't cleaned the dust out of the card in a long time,
that's not so good.

Also, you could verify speed changes while it's open.

Maybe it has a fan and heatsink under a cover? You might have to take it
out and blow through there with compressed air, or better, take the
cover off and dig out all the junk.

And maybe put a fan in front of it blowing into it. Or get a zalman
bracket. It looks like this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000292DNG/...viewsofbo0a-20

Might be discontinued but they have one here, just the bracket, and you
use your own fan:

http://www.xoxide.com/zalfanbrac.html

--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Iraq Veterans Against the War and Related:
http://ivaw.org
http://couragetoresist.org
http://antiwar.com

Send spam to the FTC at