Old October 17th 03, 11:36 AM
Nik Simpson

Maxim S. Shatskih wrote:
We have a 200 GB database that we want to clone very hour. The cloned
database will be used as read-only database for clients. Has anyone

Can database server's transaction-log-based replication help?
MSSQLServer had this since 1995, and I expect Oracle has this too for
a long.

How aggressively is your data updated?

I would prefer the database-server-based solution, not the
RAID-box-based. It will preserve the transaction boundaries at least.

An array based Snapshot integrated with the host OS & applications will also
accomplish this, i.e. quiesce the DB, flush any uncommited writes and issue
the snapshot. A good example of this approach would be W2K03 and SQLServer
along with a VSS aware storage array.

--
Nik Simpson