Old October 16th 03, 07:19 PM
Nik Simpson

Louis wrote:
Hi,

We are thinking of purchasing the EMC Clariion CX 600. We are going
to store our databases on it. We are told that its easy to make a
clone of a
LUN.

We have a 200 GB database that we want to clone very hour. The cloned
database will be used as read-only database for clients. Has anyone
experience with this. It should be fast (less then a minute) and
reliable.

You will not get a true clone of that amount of data, it would have to be a
copy-on-write snapshot, in which case make sure you order SnapView as part
of the package which is the Clariion snapshot option. Part from thaat it's
pretty straightforward, though you may have to flush the DB buffer caches
before each snapshot, edpends a bit on what the readonly clients will do
with the data.

--
Nik Simpson