Old September 15th 03, 08:29 PM
Lynn McGuire

Have you tried running a cleaning tape through the drive? When the drive
really needs cleaning, there will be an LED stating this. If the drive does
not have a cleaning indication on the LEDs, then please try to find if
Veritas has any hotfixes for their software. Unfortunately I have had too
many instances of Veritas software claiming hardware related problems that
are suddenly 'fixed' by a software patch.

Not today but I will run a cleaning tape thru the drive. I do know
about the Veritas problem though. I want to upgrade to the 4.85
version now marketed by Stomp Software as Backup My PC
but they have a bug when writing more than 49 GB to a tape.

BTW, the backup fails at 60 GB (out of 100 GB). That is not
trivial to test.

Lynn