Old May 17th 07, 03:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
ldiaco

Default Compatibility checks for new computer

I want to build my second self-built computer, and learn from the
mistakes of the first. With my first one, I got a two nice hard
drives, plus a stinky hd, threw it into a cheap tower with an OK
mother board, added 2 Gigs of Ram, and a fine Radeon X1600. Thing is,
the crappy stuff I put in it hurt the good stuff I put in it. I don't
want that to happen with my second one.

I think I am going to take the two nice harddrives, along with the
Radeon, and put it in the new tower.

But.....

What should I be looking for in a Motherboard? What should I try and
match up? Am I being clear enough here? I don't wanna get a MB that
can only use 80% of the max speed of the RAM, or a MB that is slowed
down by the read speed of my hard drives. Do ya get what I am sayin?

I have a need for speed...... :evil: