Old March 22nd 06, 03:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

Default Help please, adding 2nd drive...

Uncle Vinnie wrote:

HP Pavilion a1310n, using XP Home.

This PC came with a 200g hard drive - 190g as drive C- NTFS, the
rest (10g) as drive D recovery, Fat32.
This drive is SATA...

I have a 40g, 7200, ATA drive I tried adding on but for some odd
reason boot up is incredibly slow - a minute or so just to get
to the Windows splash screen...

I believe the jumpers are set right, as it had not booted at all.
Also, BIOS is set properly to recognize C as the boot drive..

Any ideas what may be slowing things down or where to double
check...

I apologize for the cross-post as I am unsure where the issue
lies... thank you!

Then you should have set follow-ups to the one group that you will
monitor for replies. Not knowing where you posted from, I have
done so to a.c.h.

I doubt the jumpers are set correctly. You didn't bother to
specify the drive manufacturers, types, etc. and the jumper
settings on each. How do you know the bootup is slow? Maybe it
takes that long to do its memory check, which depends on how much
memory you have and how it is checked.

More details at: http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/
Also see http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/