Old April 24th 21, 03:49 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_42_]

Default Monitor question

On 4/23/2021 12:38 PM, Flasherly wrote:
On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 07:59:41 -0400, Bill wrote:

Between now and the next time I think I need a new monitor, I hope to
see a monitor having "VA" technology pixels (rather than IPS or TN).
Remember the monitor the IBM PC came with? I think there was just
one--possibly in two sizes. Things have changed! : )

So it seems they do. Wasn't a week ago when running into resistance
flat-panels for touch screens, two or three offerings were summed
among advancements at least across marketed offerings. Important, as
I'd think my "generational" handheld in the middle of what's available
for the best possible contrast to brighten and sharpen text. A
"littleness of pages" , 8 or 10 inches on a handhelds, oriented
rectangularity by gravitational sensor, portrait or landscape, and an
operating system's resilience to not so bad a software lineup for
readers. Didn't take long for most of a world of (handheld) readers,
anyway, to reverse 400 years of a printing press, more desirable for
many with software readers able to change white pages into black and
text all about brightest whites. Absolutely no idea how, offhand, or
where that might translate into larger display technology, other than
to seem a possibility.

"In the flesh" copies of the USA Today newspaper are up to $2 a
piece--and worth it too, when you really want one. I used to "deliver"
7 copies of a big city paper to your door for $1.25/week on my bicycle,
before sunup.