Old September 30th 18, 10:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Win 10 home networking

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 19:25:36 -0500, Charlie Hoffpauir
wrote:

In reading the MS help files that appear to be post Homegroup, it
appears that MS wants me to just put all my files in their cloud,
rather than share from computer to computer. That's totally unworkable
for me, since my internet traffic is metered (and expensive) and our
files are multi-terrabyte in size.

With the *nix subcoded Android-type OS increasingly serving for the
many as dumbed-down computer, that and what MSFT's more of late has to
show for profit statements, is favorably to account their following
alongside a contemporary effort and shift into cloud modeling. The
Chinese alone account for sixty-percent of a world computer power in
handheld usages.

All within the past couple years, I vaguely recall a MSFT press
release:

That since that's where the writing goes on the wall, that's where we,
MSFT, will be. MSFT hasn't the time and focus traditionally devoted
to a concerned public subscription nor its issues with our OS.

Windows 10 is then the ultimate WYSIWYG.

Why, just last evening I stumbled into an after-effect of Intel's, the
successors to Celerons and Atom, and a direct consequence of
handhelds. The processor I was looking at ran at the latest fab specs
for 10-watts draw, at its highest modeling build of 2.5GHz, spread
across four cores. It needs no cooling other than a passive heatsink
mount. I haven't researched an architectural provision of OPCODE
sets, nor would I necessarily put outside an Intel/MSFT allegiance for
hardware support specific to any further benefits, for a requisite
update only then to be derived by running that particular processor on
a Windows 10 platform.

Cute as hell, though, for what I'd normally might expect of an Intel.
Gigabyte was packaging them in "the works" for a total subsystem of a
Gigabyte MB, Intel CPU, Case, PS, & memory, at a sub-$100US entry
level. Not just any ordinary mini-ITX factor, but the definitive
shoebox or kitten-litter computer.