Old August 26th 03, 11:50 PM
Robert

In message , Lou Pratt
writes
What are the "normal" operating temps for a P4 2.4ghz? I built a system
using an MSI 845 mb with the P4 and I'm getting readings in the bios of
50-54c with the case temperature at 35c. I've done some searching but the
results are mixed. Some say it's too high and others say it isn't. I
checked Intel's site and they only give ideal case temps which I'm a little
below. Is there a site or sites that deals with this issue specifically?

What is your ambient temperature? With the standard Intel HSF on a P4
2.4 I was getting 39C CPU, 28C MB and 35C HDD in a Sonata case with one
120mm exhaust fan and no intake fan, at an ambient of 21C. These
readings were taken after the kit had been running for 1 hour (not
gaming - just number crunching).
--
Robert