Old May 19th 09, 03:49 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
CBFalconer

Default computer log when external switch is flipped?

Peter Chant wrote:
CBFalconer wrote:

See the discussion of older computers in the "Memory chip
question" thread. Those things have everything you need.

Not necessarily, I think you were referring to having a parallel
port available, that was not the point I was making - I was not
clear. In DOS days direct access to the hardware was easy. NT
onwards cut you off from that for good reasons, but not useful
if you have your own reasons for directly accessing the hardware.
I think linux had a special driver, I played with it a long time
back, to allow you to do direct IO.

I run W98 on this machine. No problem. Pick the OS for the job
you want it to do.

[page]: http://cbfalconer.home.att.net
Try the download section.