Old May 19th 09, 12:33 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Peter Chant[_2_]

Default computer log when external switch is flipped?

CBFalconer wrote:

See the discussion of older computers in the "Memory chip question"
thread. Those things have everything you need.

Not necessarily, I think you were referring to having a parallel port
available, that was not the point I was making - I was not clear. In DOS
days direct access to the hardware was easy. NT onwards cut you off from
that for good reasons, but not useful if you have your own reasons for
directly accessing the hardware. I think linux had a special driver, I
played with it a long time back, to allow you to do direct IO.

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk