Old January 23rd 04, 07:22 PM
Milhouse Van Houten

"LaManchaDQ" wrote in message

Nonetheless, the P12 BIOS update was NOT withdrawn for my mobo (D865PERL).
I just checked and it remains a downloadable update.

That's interesting, since before this I thought all like boards were sync'd
up. Your P12 actually came out a couple months before the P12 for the
GBF/GRH/GLC (etc), and the revision notes were a little different, so for
whatever reason it's a different animal. Also, P13 isn't out for your board
yet. Just for the sake of the thread, here's the P12 and then the P13
revision notes for the GBF/GRH/GLC (etc):

About This Release:
December 16, 2003
BF86510A.86A.0051.P12.0312161054
Core Baseline version 01.07.00
VBIOS build 3102
UNDI 4.1.10
82547EI UNDI 1.2.10
New Fixes/Features:
- Display L3 Cache option in BIOS setup when a processor with L3 Cache is
used.
- Added alternate hardware management ASIC supplier support.
- Update Intel inside logo.
- Added Pentium® 4 Extreme Edition and Pentium 4 with HT Extreme Edition
logo support.
- Fixed an issue where system will not wake on LAN after a Power failure.
- Fixed an issue where system would not log events.
- Fixed an issue with some applications causing a CMOS checksum error during
POST.
- Video BIOS updated to build 3102.

###

About This Release:
January 22, 2003
BF86510A.86A.0053.P13.0401220953
Core Baseline version 01.07.00
VBIOS build 3102
UNDI 4.1.10
82547EI UNDI 1.2.10
New Fixes/Features:
- Added enhancement for future processor support.
- Fixed an issue with INT13h Function 15h returning incorrect information.
- Added code to differentiate some Intel® Pentium® 4 processors from Intel®
Celeron® processors
- Suppressed POST CMOS error message when force CMOS defaults option is used
for Flash update.
- Fixed issue where system would not complete POST if no video card is
plugged in and a LAN card present.
- Fixed an issue of delay in booting to Floppy with 2 SATA drives connected
in native mode.
- Fixed an interoperability issue with the Intel SMBUS Driver.
- Added L3 cache info in SMBios table.
- Added latest processor update.