Old January 22nd 04, 10:30 PM
Milhouse Van Houten

"Walter Erne" wrote in message

Unfortunately, it is reasonable to assume that Intel hasn't created the
proper bulletin and informed us about it. Why? Because they haven't.

And, of course, that's not what I said. I said "it's pretty reasonable to
assume though that IF it was anything important, the proper bulletin would
have been created." And I stand by that, since I have no reason to assume
the worst. Intel is not irresponsible.

hoping an Intel rep would answer one of these postings with the correct
information but it doesn't look like that is not going to happen.

I think these groups are long abandoned.

Since they haven't I know a fellow system administrator who has bought
several large
drives for this motherboard to his regret. Apparently, Bios P12 won' t
recognize more than 130GB in a 200GB hard drive.

I don't see how that's possible, since I have a 200GB drive (and a 160GB)
with P12. No problem.

basic information, it makes you wonder what else they haven't told you.
Like
I said when companies pull essential files off of their websites they have
responsibility to tell you why. The D865GBF is one of the basic
motherboards
used for Corporate America's workstations.

Yes, we don't disagree (and it not just for that motherboard, the BIOS is
for several), but if it's that important for you to know, simply fill out
the support form. You should have an answer quite soon, and you can report
back here when you have it.