Old January 22nd 04, 05:58 PM
Walter Erne

Unfortunately, it is reasonable to assume that Intel hasn't created the
proper bulletin and informed us about it. Why? Because they haven't. I was
hoping an Intel rep would answer one of these postings with the correct
information but it doesn't look like that is not going to happen. Since they
haven't I know a fellow system administrator who has bought several large
drives for this motherboard to his regret. Apparently, Bios P12 won' t
recognize more than 130GB in a 200GB hard drive. If they won't give you this
basic information, it makes you wonder what else they haven't told you. Like
I said when companies pull essential files off of their websites they have a
responsibility to tell you why. The D865GBF is one of the basic motherboards
used for Corporate America's workstations. Intel has been recognized as the
manufacturer of some of the world's most reliable equipment. If they want to
keep that image, they should show the same respect for their customers.

Walter

"Milhouse Van Houten" wrote in message
"Walter" wrote in message
om...
Not moot yet anyway because as you stated p13 isn't out yet. And it's
more than interesting that it is pulled, because this is indicative of
a company that really doesn't care about its customers when it has
problems with a file and pulls that file without telling its customer
why. I am sure that there are people out there using P12 not knowing
that their data could be at risk. Developers, resellers, system
administrators, etc, make decisions on what hard drives to buy and
other hardware decisions based on specs published for this
motherboard. What if the p12 bios doesn't support hard drives say over
200GB and your company buys thousands of them in the expectation they
would work. I think you would be more than a little upset in that
case. Coming out with a new Bios now would not repair that damage.

Data could be at risk? Where are you getting that from? They could have
pulled it for any number of reasons, from trivial to serious, but since we
don't know it's not really responsible to throw around phrases like that.

think it's pretty reasonable to assume though that if it was anything
important, the proper bulletin would have been created and we'd know about
it.

My point was that they intend to replace it with P13, and they said that

it
would be out early-to-mid January, which for all I know is when P12 was
pulled. Given this tight turnaround there's no point in putting P12 back

out
now, but as you say, they should at least tell us why P12 was pulled, and
they very well might in the release notes for P13.