Old July 26th 03, 06:11 PM
Lars Janssen

Default "Power calibration failed." with Traxdata 48/12/48 and burnatonce

Hello,

I've got a problem burning CDs with my Traxdata 48/12/48
and burnatonce (as well with Nero) under WinXP Pro SP1,
just after starting the burning, it stops, the log i get
is as following:

SPTILOCK:0,1,0: CD-RW CDR-5W48 Rev: VSG3

Starting write at speed 48...
Turning BURN-Proof on
Executing power calibration...
?: I/O error. : scsi sendcmd: retryable error
CDB: 54 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
status: 0x0 (GOOD STATUS)
cmd finished after 5.370s timeout 180s
ERROR: Power calibration failed.
ERROR: Use option --force to ignore this error.
ERROR: Writing failed.

I have got a SCSI card mounted in my system but it is
disabled, and the CD-Writer is an IDE device.

I've searched quite a while with Google and in the Usenet,
this problem seems to appear as well under Linux, but I
don't think the most common answer "clean the laser lense"
does apply to my problem, because the Writer worked fine
in my system until I killed my bios and then got a new
mainboard and as well reinstalled WinXP.

Is there anyone with an idea how to solve my problem?

Thanks,
Lars