Old April 21st 04, 03:52 AM
Louise

In article , kc@kc-
computers.com says...
"Louise" wrote in message
.. .
When I ordered my cusom built system, it was supposed to have Kingston
PC 3200, 400 mhz DDR. It's an Asus P4C800 E Deluxe with a 3.2 chip and
2 512 ram modules. It has an SATA Seagate drive, ATI 9600 Pro, Creative
Audigy 2Z, etc.
Because of many blue screens I began to question my memory and it was
suggested on this board that I run a program called EverestHome to get
the details of my system.
Below is the memory section readout and I would really appreciate
comments and recommendations because it doesn't seem to Kingston, but I
don't know how to evaluate the stats. I am concerned that the memory
modules are not up to the rest of the system amd this may account for
some blue screens and may slow me down altogether.

Kingston assembles RAM modules using other manufacturer's
memory chips and that's normal. Try one RAM module at a time
to see what happens. One could be bad.

---
Kevin Chalker, Owner KC COMPUTERS
E-mail: Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer for 13+ years!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!

Thanks - I phoned Kingston and they explained the reason for my having a
different chip and verified the part number as theirs.

I then reseated both dimms and so far, so good.

Louise