Old January 27th 04, 09:08 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In article , Anthony Edwards
writes

LARTs sent to Energis UK (the UCE was apparently sent from an Energis
UK supplied routed subnet) and GX Networks UK Ltd (who provide
Internet connectivity to the "spamvertised" web site). I considered
a complaint to the ASA also, however their online complaint form will
accept a complaint a maximum of 1500 characters in length, whereas
(saving my LART including a copy of one of the Unsolicited Commercial
Emails in text format):

anthony@catfish:~ wc -m evesham.txt
6338 evesham.txt

(i.e. the complaint saved as a text file is 6338 characters in length,
of which approximately two thirds of that is the Unsolicited Commercial
Email itself)

I considered sending a complaint to the ASA by fax, however that
constitutes too much hoop jumping to be a desirable option. If the ASA
wish to receive complaints concerning unsolicited email advertising,
a substantial increase in the number of characters permitted when
using the online complaint form would be worthwhile.

A possibility would be to place a copy of UCE on a web page, and include
the URL in the ADA form. OTOH, that may also constitute excessive hoop
jumping, and also could be argued to breach the spammer's copyright.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley