Old January 27th 04, 08:43 PM
Anthony Edwards

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:17:05 +0000, Andy wrote:
In message , Chris Owen
wrote
http://www.asa.org.uk/adjudications/...adjudication_i
d=37119&from_index=show_advertisers&dates_of_adj udications_id=543

Advertising Standards Authority Adjudications

Adjudications : By Advertiser Name (17th December 2003)

Evesham Technology t/a lowestonweb.com
Vale Park
Evesham
Worcestershire
WR11 6TD

[snippity]

And what do I find amongst today's bodily-extensions? promotions at
eveshamtechnology dot info seeking to extend my knowledge of the
Evolution Blue Beast.

ASA informed; watch this space.

Indeed yes, I also today received three copies of the Unsolicited
Commercial Email in question, sent to email addresses two of which
were clearly harvested from Usenet (albeit it would seem, based on
the email addresses used, several years ago).

LARTs sent to Energis UK (the UCE was apparently sent from an Energis
UK supplied routed subnet) and GX Networks UK Ltd (who provide
Internet connectivity to the "spamvertised" web site). I considered
a complaint to the ASA also, however their online complaint form will
accept a complaint a maximum of 1500 characters in length, whereas
(saving my LART including a copy of one of the Unsolicited Commercial
Emails in text format):

anthony@catfish:~ wc -m evesham.txt
6338 evesham.txt

(i.e. the complaint saved as a text file is 6338 characters in length,
of which approximately two thirds of that is the Unsolicited Commercial
Email itself)

I considered sending a complaint to the ASA by fax, however that
constitutes too much hoop jumping to be a desirable option. If the ASA
wish to receive complaints concerning unsolicited email advertising,
a substantial increase in the number of characters permitted when
using the online complaint form would be worthwhile.

--
Anthony Edwards