Old January 11th 04, 07:49 AM
The little lost angel

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 06:12:49 GMT, "Yousuf Khan"
wrote:

It actually sounds to me like your PS has gone flakey, or your mobo has
blown a capacitor. I'd try a new PS first, don't bother with brand names,
they don't get you any better quality than a no-name power supply, so just
go with as cheap as you can get, with about the same Wattage ratings as your
current PS or better. The days of "quality" vs. "non-quality" power supplies
are over, they're all good for a while, and they all go bad after a little
longer while.

Oh no, I have to disagree most strongly on this one, Yousuf.
The "same" wattage rating cheapo PS is likely to be half the actual
wattage compared to a brand name one. Putting a 180W into a modern
high end system compared with a 350W IS going to make a difference
:PpPpp

Plus a friend of mine has demonstrated how a system can be overclocked
and stable with a quality 350W but totally craps out with a not so
great 350W. Both are new PS so the difference is still there. You just
aren't going to get the same quality for $20 and $50, no matter what
the label says.

If you need basic to med complexity webpages at affordable rates, email me