Old March 3rd 05, 04:54 AM
Dan G

You are correct, there are a number of features left out of OEM versions. It
varies a bit with different versions of Nero.

Swami-BillEastCoast wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:54:37 -0000, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

OEM software cannot be sold legally unless accompanied by the drive it is
intended to partner - and then it should be provided at no extra charge.

There is no difference between the Nero software on the OEM discs and the
Retail discs (though occasionally special releases have been made for
particular writers - some past TEAC writers being a case in point) What

is
different is the serial number encoded into the OEM disc that will

restrict
it to the writer it was intended to partner. You will therefore either

have
to use a stolen software key or buy a key from Nero. In the case of the
former, if you are going to steal the product anyway you might as well
download it from Nero.

I am not so sure there is no difference.

My Nero OEM that came with my Sony DVD burner did not have the ability
to cross fade tracks. That was only available on the retail version.
There were other differences as well but can not recall them at the
present time.