Old September 18th 06, 08:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larry Roberts

Default Has Anyone Stuck A Graphics Card In An EMachine ?

On 18 Sep 2006 03:45:13 GMT, "Steve Larsen" wrote:

eMachines C3060 AMD Sempron 3000+ / 512MB DDR / 160GB HDD / DVD±RW Dual-Layer
/ CD-ROM / Flash Media Reader / NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX Video / 10/100Mbps LAN
/ Windows XP Home /

Form Factor Tower

PCI Slots (Total) 3

AGP Slots (Total) 1

Expansion Slots 4

Processor Brand AMD
Processor Class Sempron
Processor Number 3000
Processor Speed DT 3000+ / 2.00GHz
Memory Type DDR
Total Memory 512MB
Interface EIDE
Ultra ATA/100
Capacity 160GB
Optical Drive Type DVD±RW Dual Layer
CD-ROM
Audio Description Integrated Audio
Graphics Description Integrated Graphics
Communications Description Integrated LAN Support
56Kbps PCI Modem
Data Transfer Rate 10Mbps
100Mbps
Power 300 Watt

Would anyone know if the AGP slot is occupied by the modem, or what card
might actually work in a low-end Emachine ?

The system was dirt cheap, right out of the box,
and has never (!) crashed or stalled, playing
2-3 year old games very well.I figure with a budget of
$120 I can upgrade the graphics card and install 512MB more
RAM.

The AGP is for AGP videocards only. It is at least 4X
suppored, if not 8X speed, so you could pop in any current AGP
videocard.