Old May 11th 05, 12:38 AM
Michael C

"Leythos" wrote in message
You've asked/speculated two different things:

1) What are the rules
2) What can you get away with

One has little to do with the other, the other has a lot to do with the
one, you can read it as you want

That's exactly what I asked him. I asked "if it was more of a policy than a
technical limitation". I don't want to pirate XP but if a customer has
bought XP I'd like to know what I can do to their machine before a new copy
is required. If XP hadn't worked after their machine was upgraded it would
have been a problem and it would have been good for me to know before hand.
I probably should have found out earlier but there are so many things I
should have found out earlier and MS don't make it easy sometimes. Anyway,
it looks like I can do whatever I want to the machine and it will still
work, which is a good thing. :-)

Michael