Old April 10th 18, 11:39 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Computer Nerd Kev

Default "Holographic data storage could cram 1,000 DVDs onto a 4-in square film"

Lynn McGuire wrote:
"Holographic data storage could cram 1,000 DVDs onto a 4-in square film"
https://newatlas.com/holographic-dat...ge-film/54117/

So, 8.5 TB on a holographic device ?

I think that I have heard this song before.

At least they claim to have advanced something in regards to the UV
resistance. However I'm not sure why a protective case like that of
a 3.5" floppy wouldn't have been an earlier solution to the UV
problem if that was the only thing holding the technology back.

--
__ __