Old June 8th 08, 10:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Access[_2_]

Default NVMonitor not showing temperature

"Access" wrote in message

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
. ..
Access wrote:
Hi,

I just bought myself an Asus EN8800GT TOP card. I didn't install the
drivers that were included with the card, I just installed the latest
Nvidia drivers (175.16) and NTune software (5.05.54). The problem now is
that the GPU temperature stays zero in the NVMonitor part of the Nvidia
control panel. Whatever I configure, the temperature doesn't show.
Anyone else with the same problem and a possible solution ?

Matthias

I'm using 175.16 with 5.05.54 and I must use the lower panel of NVMonitor
to see GPU1 temp readings. Otherwise the only info you can see is:
Performance (CPU/MEM), Bus Speeds, Voltages in the top panel.

Then you click the right arrow button in the lower right and can see GPU
temps and Fan speeds.

I see the temperature graph but it always stays zero ...

I get the feeling you are doing this but there is no GPU readout? What
happens when you use the old-style nvidia control panel to see your
temps? If you can't see the GPU temps with any of the usual suspects,
speedfan, Riva Tuner, I'd ditch the card as I've never seen a
malfunctioning GPU temp sensor on any card....ever!

I will try RivaTuner to see if this helps. I don't have to connect a cable
or something to be able to read temperature ? This all should happen
through the PCI-e bus ?

I installed RivaTuner v2.09. Although it complains at startup that my
drivers are not yet supported, I can read my GPU core temperature with it !!
Woohoo !! Guess ntune doesn't work too well with this card

Thanks
Matthias