Old January 3rd 04, 09:15 AM
Nehmo Sergheyev

Default How Move OS XP from Old to New HD?

Windows XP Home (SP1)

I originally had and still have a 15 GB HD, using NTFS,
which had the OS and everything else on it.

I just installed a Maxtor 80 GB DiamondMax Plus 9 Model 6Y080P0 ,which
has a 5 MB Buffer, configured (with the jumpers on the back) as a slave.
It shows up Computer Management as Healthy and Online using NTFS. I
named it Grape (E. I'm using fruit names nowadays.

Since the new drive is faster than the old, I want to move the OS to it.
So how do I go about doing that?

The new drive came with the MaxBlast 3 app. The Maxtor guy on the phone
said I could use that to move the OS, but I'm not clear how. It has a
copy function, but then how do I get the computer to know the OS is now
on E instead of C?

I didn't use MaxBlast to set up the drive. I just use Computer
Management.

So how do I move the OS from the old HD to the new?

--
* Nehmo Sergheyev *