Old January 9th 05, 10:21 PM
algae

Yes it runs fine on another pc.
G.
"Quaoar" wrote in message
algae wrote:
Yes I'm seeing that. However when I switch to the E drive and typ
setup.exe I get a "CDR101: Not ready reading drive E. Abort, Retry,
Fail." message.

Gary

"Quaoar" wrote in message
algae wrote:
Not sure about that. I can only assume it was working correctly when
I got it. I guess I can take the bottom off the laptop and check it
out.
G.
"Wolfram Nickl" wrote in message
y.telekom.at...
cdrom correctly installed - cabels? master/slave?

When booting from the floppy with CD-ROM support, you should see the
installation of the basic ATAPI drivers for the CD-ROM scroll up on
the screen. AIRC, the word "OAK" appears on these lines of text.
Do you see this text when booting from the floppy?

You should boot from the floppy with the installation CD in the
drive. After the boot completes, at the command prompt (A:\) type:
E:\setup.exe[enter].

Does the CD mount OK on another computer? Can you read the files on
another computer?