Old December 6th 05, 04:29 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

Default Question about 'intel inside warnintg' on PC

Sue meht wrote:
High, I am about to buy my first PC, and hope this forum
can help me with some advice.
I was looking in the shops, and some PC cary a warning 'Intel inside'.
I asked the salesman what the warning was about, and he explained that the
'DMA' (I think it was) PC has a fast processor, and those with the warning
have not a processor but an 'Intel' inside, and that the DMA with the real
processor are much faster.
But the one with the warning was a lot cheaper.
I only need the PC to write email, can I still use the cheap box?
Or should I get one with a real processor?
I would really like to hear some more opinions then just from all the shops.
And is the 'Intel inside' warning issued by a known consumer organization?
And what exactly is an 'intel'?
Please answer quick, I need the PC.

No you don't really need the PC. I would suggest using the machines at
the public library or a webtv appliance. Either would better suit you

--
Del Cecchi
"This post is my own and doesn’t necessarily represent IBM’s positions,