Old December 27th 18, 10:42 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Shadow[_2_]

Default What's the difference between these two memories ?

On Wed, 26 Dec 2018 18:15:30 -0500, Flasherly
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 16:53:54 -0200, Shadow wrote:

Funny thing, I tried ffmpeg in XP and the clock went FORWARD 8
seconds.
I suppose I'll just have to carry on using Neutron at Startup,
since the time is never off by more than a minute, it won't affect me
as a user.
[]'s

I just checked with system monitor, and although it does use
core 1 most of the time, there are occasional small spikes in all the
other cores. I thought it would only use the other cores when under
stress ....

Always on the second, that's not an option with the nature of a
computer that isn't intended for a chronometer. As with my watches,
with a built-in radio receiver, their mechanical limits are
overridden, once daily, for a percentage correction within an
individual second of accuracy. The same function is a definable
connection event, to an national atomic clock standard interface, as
provided software.

Although I'm not sure how older my Dimension 4 software version is, it
does allows definition of that event. I may have mine polling every
few minutes or less. All my primary, one wall and two wrist watches,
are equipped with transmission radio receivers. And my computer is
always to the second within sync to them for the same degree of
accuracy.

That's not to say that computer accuracy couldn't in itself be changed
time to be incorrect, a possible software occurrence that affects the
clock as an adverse situation, at least until Dimension 4 re-polls to
an atomic clock to perform a correct reset.

http://www.thinkman.com/dimension4/

From a practical standpoint, sounds to me as easy as it is possible to
approach substituting a computer at some less than a higher accuracy
than true chronographic precision.

Sorry Flasherly, I got lost after the first phrase.
I sync to an atomic clock on startup, so it should be within
half a second of "real" time at the end of the day. But I can live
with 30 seconds off.
I was worried it might be hardware failure, but since Linux
does not have the glitch, I'm pretty sure it's just XP having fits
with the amount of CPU and memory at its disposal.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012