Old December 24th 18, 12:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Default What's the difference between these two memories ?

Shadow wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 10:23:14 -0200, Shadow wrote:

https://www.kabum.com.br/produto/507...d-hx318c10fr-4
https://www.kabum.com.br/produto/507...k-hx318c10fb-4

Other than the price ?

I downloaded the Kingston specs

https://cdn.cnetcontent.com/07/e9/07...f10cf84f67.pdf

Which says:

Latency CL9-11
Voltage 1.35V, 1.5V

It does not help at all in knowing if I can add a stick or
two.

My current memory is KHX1866C10D3/4G
Number of banks 8
Nominal Voltage 1.50 Volts
(CPU-Z output)
TIA
[]'s

To Paul and others that helped, TY. Installed. According to
CPU-Z hey are exactly the same model number and voltage as the "black"
model, so it appears the "heat dissipaters" or whatever are painted
different colors, but the memories are the same. Ran two rounds of
Memtest86+ and no errors.

The only strange thing that happened is my clock sometimes
loses or gains 20-30 seconds in a day. (I use Neutron from Keir.net to
synchronize on Startup). And that never happened before I installed
the memories.The error was always a second or less.
Maybe I twisted something on the MB when I pressed the
memories in place. Weird.
[]'s

That is 230ppm at least. That's a little high.

The computer has two time pieces. Windows time. BIOS time.

Windows runs a software clock. It depends on BCLK for traceability.

THe BIOS runs the RTC clock, which depends on the 32768Hz motherboard crystal.

The software clock can only lose time (by "missing" clock tick interrupts).

Windows time could gain or lose, based on BCLK being off.

BIOS time could gain or lose, based on 32768Hz clock.

Paul