Old August 28th 17, 06:53 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
micky

Default Is 32-bit okay for 53bit or not?

In alt.windows7.general, on Mon, 28 Aug 2017 08:55:12 -0500, philo
wrote:

On 08/27/2017 12:34 AM, micky wrote:

1)Shouldn't I be able to buy an OEM CD (DVD??) that includes all the
drivers for this laptop. It has a DVD drive. The only CDs I've found
so par are created by 3rd parties**. Or were these laptops sold
commercially so there were only a few CDs for 100 laptops?

**And I'm pretty sure they just gather all the files I have found,
irrespective of the paradoxical nature of the pages they come from.

2

snip

I assume that was a typo and you meant 64 bit.

The answer is NO The drivers for 32bit and 64bit are not that same.

Some manufacturers however have a self extracting executable that
contains both the 32bit and 64 bit drivers

What gets me, philo and pjp, is the paradoxical language. If they don't
have a 64-bit version but they are saying their 32 bit versions will
work for 64-bit, why don't they list the 64-bit systems in the opening
description or later as a Supported Operating System?

If they're not saying it will work, why include the line that says it's
designed to do so?

When they don't list 64-bit it makes it seem like elswhere there is a
64-bit version but I can't find any trace of one. The whole thing is
much more disorganized that Dell usually is. Than I've ever noticed
Dell to be in the past. It takes some shine off their rose.