Old March 8th 17, 05:06 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
micky

Default How to print a file from the command line? Epson, Brother

In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Tue, 07 Mar 2017 17:23:49 -0500, Paul
wrote:

micky wrote:
Is there a command line that would print one picture from my files using
an Epson printer?
a Brother printer?

I should have thought of this earlier, but I need something to keep the
ink jet printers from drying out while I'm gone. Isn't 11 weeks enough
time to do that?

I thought I'd make a bat file that would run once a month that would
print, I guess, the same photo each time, but it's only 2 copies.

TIA

I remember now, printing in black does use some color, right (even if no
grey scale is involved) so the test pages are good enough.

The cartridges should cap themselves when in the parked position.
Something has to cover the orifices, or they'd clog even faster
than that.

I use mine less frequently than that, and don't have a problem.

If I print once a year, the cartridges might clog after
about four years or so.

That's amazing. Clogging was a major proglem with the first inkjet
printer I had, 20 years ago maybe.

And again a month ago, different printer, only yellow was coming out, so
I got to be extra careful.

Some printer brands, if you leave them powered (whether it's
USB power or a line cord), and the LED is on, the printer
will "purge" itself about once a day. By the time you get
back from your trip, the carts would be pumped dry. So
that's not exactly a "cheap" option. That's maintenance
to an impractical level.

Paul