Old March 19th 11, 04:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Timothy Daniels[_3_]

Default Heat generation

"Paul" wrote:
[..........]
As an example of what you can do with super-efficient designs, there
is a 400W power supply with no cooling fan inside. And that is
possible, because it doesn't generate a lot of heat. You can't actually
draw the 400W number, as it will likely shut off if you try. But it does
show, that the manufacturer was willing to give it a try (run fanless).
Usually, there are enough other fans in the computer, that some air
is always moving through the power supply.

I think I'd add a small fan just to be sure. Uhh... unless the addition
of the fan would overload the power supply. :-)

*TimDaniels*