Old May 7th 04, 12:48 PM

Lots of good viewpoints, I appreciate the comments!! Sounds like
it would be best and easiest to just stay with Windows xp dispite many
virus. I'll have to
look into what XP SP2 is (as Tim suggested it will be out soon), but I
gather it's
a new xp version with additional software features inclusive.

I thought the E series chips were better and faster (but hotter), but not
sure if there is any reliability issues compaired to the C series pentium?

Thanks again!!

R wrote:

I built my Asus P3F with 700 pentium about 4 years ago, rock solid and
on win98se, but it's time for an upgrade.
I've put together three systems with Asus boards and all worked
perfect!!

I'm leaning for the new system to include:

Asus P4C800-E DELUXE
Intel Pentium 4/ 3.0E GHz (Hyper Threading)
(2) Western Digital Raptor

Seems like every other day I read about a new virus out attaching Win
XP. I plan to get into Unix operating system on one hard
drive, but not sure if the second hard drive (portable) should keep the
Win 98se or go with Win XP? Would Win98se even work with
hyper thread? I already know Win98 would limit the new programs coming
out and the new software architecture would be
better with the newer processors, I just wondered if anyone is
successfully running Win98 on a newer processor.

Oh yeah, another quick question. Would the Antec 380 True Power be an
adequate power supply?

Thanks!!