Old October 16th 03, 09:59 PM
MedKit

Default Emachine 700id : Upgrading Video Problems

I have been trying to upgrade the video on my ol' emachine 700 id. According
the the e4me.com website, the mobo should autodetect the PCI (Radeon 7500
64MB). I have went into BIOS and disabled the video on mobo and switched it to
PCI but it still wants to go back to onboard video. After I do everything I am
supposed to (I think?) I get no video with new PCI card and I have to hook
monitor up to the connector off the mobo to get video.

What am I doing wrong?

Are there jumpers that the e4me.com site didn't tell me about?
Is there a step I am missing when I am installing/uninstalling drivers from
both videos?

Thanks!
Deb