Old September 11th 05, 12:22 AM
Big Sky

UD,

I'm running the Duron on a Shuttle MK40VN. I didn't have much luck going
over 140MHz on the FSB. After downloading some hardware snooping programs,
it looks like one of my DDRs is a 2100 vice a 2700. That's part of the
problem. Then I noticed that the RAM speed is either slaved to the FSB or
you can add +33 or +66. So theirs issue number 2. Also, I read that only
certain series of the Durons will run with a 166 FSB. I'm going to pull the
slower DDR (it says its a DDR266 go figure) and try to hit 166 again.

Thanks,

Big Sky

i would think 48 would be considered well within reason. it will run
forever at that temp. think about all those compac and emachines with
4lbs of dust in them running right now.

what board, memory and hs/fan are you using? i picked up a 1800 for
$30 after rebate a few months ago and put it in dfi lanparty. did
13.5x166 without breaking a sweat.

ud

--
Posted using the http://www.hardwareforumz.com interface, at author's

request
Topic URL:

http://www.hardwareforumz.com/AMD-Th...pict61815.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=311840