Old September 9th 05, 06:02 AM
Big Sky

Default Duron overclock and temps

I have my Duron 1.8GHz over clocked to 1.9GHz. After running a bunch of
..mpg files while defragging the HD and other operations, the CPU was up to
48 degrees C with a case temp of 37 degrees C. Could anyone comment if this
is a typical CPU temp? Is the difference btwn case and CPU temps unusual
(its bigger than with my other computers)? I currently am using one of
those CPU shims to keep the HSF from damaging the CPU but am wondering
whether I'm getting good contact btwn the CPU and HSF. Yes I am using
heatsink compound. I have one medium speed 80mm case fan in the front of
the case and the PS has 2 built in 80mm case fans. The case in a smaller
mid size tower (won't take full size MBs).

Thanks.

BigSky