Old February 12th 04, 09:15 PM
NightSky 421

"Brian" wrote in message
What are the advantages of having a 256 Meg video card compared to
having a 128 Meg video card?
I don't think their are any programs that require a 256 Meg graphics
card.

Regards Brian

The only software which I know specifically says it will take advantage of a
256MB video card is a game called Call of Duty. However, it is definitely
not a requirement for the game.

I think 256MB on any current generation video card is a waste of time and
money. The only way in which I see it remotely useful is if you are willing
to fork out for the highest-end graphics cards, such as the 5950 Ultra or
9800XT. For lesser cards, it's not worthwhile at all IMHO.

Anyway, if you are doing looking to buy a new video card but are still doing
OK with what you currently have, you might want to wait at least two to
three months for when next generation cards get released. Or, if you want
to be truly ambitious, wait for the fall when PCI Express comes out and buy
a new motherboard, processor, memory and video card combo.