Old December 19th 13, 03:20 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

Default Interfacing the printer port

On Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:36:52 AM UTC-5, David wrote:
Hi all,

My client has a device that prints to an Epson LX300+II printer. It is
not a
computer, but an electronic measuring device.

I need to capture the data coming from the device.

Hello All -

I have a similar situation as David - I have a device printing to the same
printer and I'd
just like the data ( now being sent to the printer ) to end up in an excel
spreadsheet - a
csv file would work too - It's just ascii text I am trying to capture -
does anyone know
of a converter I can use ? I do not have time to build anything - thanks

Marty B. PA USA -

You can't print to an XLS. You may be able to generate a pure ASCII output
in a CSV format. What you have to look at is what is generating the data
and to use OLE or WMI or other OS construct to extract the data or generate
the output as desired.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp