Old December 5th 10, 09:17 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Eager

Default Interfacing the printer port

On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 13:20:33 +0000, David wrote:

I had spent ages looking for something like this. I had found one, but
it only seems to be available in USA and Australia. I had found another
device that appears to do what I need, however, it is very expensive.

If you get up a £50 order (!), Digi-Key are really good and it'll be free
carriage. Order one day, get it second working day after (by UPS from the
USA!)

http://www.digikey.co.uk/

I went to buy the extra components from Maplin yesterday, they are
really dropping their electronic component lines and appear to be
concentrating on the consumer electronics. No more components for the
hobbyist now. I used to use a 74LS373 many years ago. They only have
74HC373, while stocks last and none in the stores.

Useless - and expensive.

Try Rapid Electronics too...they aren't too bad for a lot of stuff.

http://www.rapidonline.com/
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org