Old August 5th 07, 08:30 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
Dirk Munk

Default Procedure to add a second brocade switch 4100 in my fabric

wrote:
Hi All,

I have a single switch brocade 4100 "have already configured some
zone"
I bought a new one and i'm looking for procedure to connect this
switch with the existing to create a Fabric with 2 switch.
Somes docs talk about "configulpoad/configdownload" to download
configuration to new switch
Others docs talk about configuration swicth same as existing one and
configure the same PID to avoid segmentation.
Have someone already did it, could you please send me a details
procedure ?
Many thanks for your help

What are you trying to achieve? A well designed storage SAN consists out
of two completely independent fabrics. In this case there are no
connections between the two switches.