Old June 13th 07, 01:16 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt
CBFalconer

Default Booting from hard drive attached to PCI

Paul wrote:
CBFalconer wrote:
Paul wrote:

... snip ...

I don't own a SIL0680 (formerly known as CMD 0680 - the chip is
quite old, and SIL acquired it and possibly made tiny changes to
it). I'll leave it to a previous poster to describe it. See post
#11 in this thread. ...

You should be aware that posts are not numbered on Usenet, in fact
many posts may never arrive at any given destination. At the
moment, on my machine, this thread contains exactly seven posts.
You can refer to posts by the name of the poster, and (best) by the
internal identification code. This shows up under the Message-ID:
header, and is always unique.

And since I was referring to this "Google" web page, which does
have a number ? I've copied it for your reading pleasure...

That is not the point. Google is not Usenet, it is only a (poor)
interface to it. That is why most articles have quotation
sections. The idea is to make each article stand entirely on its
own,

--
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.txt
http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/423