Old October 4th 12, 02:00 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Intel Guy

Default Why is quoted material being double-spaced from google? (was:willMIcrosoft's sinking drag down Intel ??)

Robert Myers wrote:

Thost that are brain-dead enough to experience usenet through
google probably are not seeing this.

I have a Usenet subscription that I am paying for but I am not
using it.

Another dumb thing - paying for access to text usenet groups.

a. I'm extremely busy and have rarely read or posted in the last
year or so.

irrelevant.

b. While I am not brain dead, I am getting older, and the
plethora of passwords and the constant hassle of remembering
and resetting them just isn't worth it

There are free usenet servers. Have been for many years.

c. There is a newsreader/mail client problem for which, so
far as I can tell, there is no currently available solution
that is even remotely adapted to my diverse collection of
computers and operating systems--other than Google.

Again, too bad you know so little about usenet.

Point your usenet client to this server:

nntp.aioe.org

and subscribe to any number of thousands of available newsgroups.

No authentication required. No username or password. You can read and
post as you like. You can change your posting identity at will.

If your hostility, aggression, and rudeness show up in other
contexts, they are probably holding back your career.
Seek help.

Get a grip Robert. I'm only trying to help - and to improve on the
dammage that google-groups does by encouraging people to make ugly posts
by defaulting to full-quoting and (now) double-spacing.