Old December 14th 09, 09:30 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
- Bobb -

Default Problem with WordPad all of a sudden.

THEO@TO. wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:11:15 +0000, JD

CUT

My idea is that every PC should have NotePad and WordPad, so use
them so I can open whatever on any PC. Of course that doesn't
work either because at lot of my programs were made on older
computers so for some reason when I try to open old WordPad files
in newer PCs I get a message like: 'Can not open Word (whatever)
files, or something like that. Well I'm not trying to open Word
files at all, and in fact deliberately try to use WordPad in an
effort to avoid that exact kind of problem.

If you WANT to use WordPad only , then edit your file type options
IF a PC, open windows Explorer
then Tools- Folder Options
scroll down for the filetype extension ( is it RTF ) you want ONLY WordPad
to open and remove that filetype from Word
So double-click RTF - for default program to be WordPad - Choose WordPad. Or
delete all but WordPad if you like. Having more than one listed just lets
you "rightclick " on the file and choose OPEN with several programs.

And if you don't have Word and do need to read Word documents (.doc), go to
Microsoft.com and download " Word Viewer."